Structural Alignment – Hips, Sacrum & Spine
27-29 April & 8-10 June 2019
Misalignment and restricted mobility of the hips, sacrum and spine can be at the root of numerous client complaints such as back, knee, shoulder and neck pain. Improving alignment of the hips can also benefit hormonal, digestive and circulatory problems, as well as reproductive and sexual function. Addressing structural misalignments helps the meridians and chakras flow better and can improve chronic symptoms which are resistant to change.
In ShinTai healing work we see the hip joints as the moveable aspect of the Hara. The condition of our Hara reflects in the quality of life we are able to manifest. Improving the alignment and mobility of the hips affects the condition of our Hara and the quality of life we create.
In this 6 day course, practitioners will learn how to evaluate and correct specific misalignments of the hips, sacrum, and lumbar spine. You will learn muscle energy corrections to bring about immediate changes in posture and structure which last over time. Many practitioners lack confidence in adjusting structural misalignments. These ShinTai techniques offer an extremely effective yet non-invasive approach to structural alignment.
This course has expanded my body awareness and given me confidence to work with structural alignment using completely safe and gentle techniques!
What can this course offer you?
- You will become a better bodyworker and achieve more results in less time with your clients.
- You will learn a set of skills to improve hip, back, knee, shoulder and neck pain/mobility
- You will learn structural adjustments which are safe and gentle to use on most clients
- You will see immediate changes in posture and structure which last over time
- You will understand the underlying philosophy of what you are doing and why it is so effective.
- You will experience alignment and freedom in your own pelvis, and the knock on effects of that! Priceless !
- Hip Clearing techniques
- Detailed evaluation of posture, joint motion and alignment
- Muscle Energy Techniques for alignment of the hips, sacrum and lumbar spine
- High ileum adjustment
- Sacroiliac joint adjustment
- Anterior/posterior rotation of one or both ilia
- Pubic symphysis adjustment
- Curvature of lumbar spine
- Sacrum misalignment – 4 specific adjustments
Dates: 27-29 April & 8-10 June
Venue Nottingham Buddhist Centre NG1 1PH
Investment for 6 days: £595. Early bird discount £540 paid in full by 27 January.
£325 if repeating the 6 day course. £100 deposit secures your place. Payment in installments available – please ask!
Please ask for information about local accommodation and travel.
Contact Me for bookings and information
This is a professional development course for healing bodywork practitioners – shiatsu, osteopaths, chiropractors, physical therapists, massage therapists, sports therapists …
Kindy Kaur MRSS(T) is a transformational bodywork therapist & teacher, specialising in Shiatsu, ShinTai and energy healing practices. She is former Principal & Director of the British School of Shiatsu-Do in Nottingham and a registered Teacher with the Shiatsu Society UK and the British School of Shiatsu-Do. Kindy teaches in the UK and Europe and offers treatments and supervision at her clinic in Nottingham.